2 Dec 2014
This December, get out and explore 30A for all it's worth. There are plenty of great activities for the whole family to enjoy. Here are a few of our favorites!
1) Festival of trees Now until Dec. 31, stop by Grande Boulevard and see 12 uniquely decorated Christmas Tress, decorated by area non-profits. Area non-profits are competing for $5,000 in cash and the tree with the most votes wins!
2) Mail your letters to Santa Now until December 15th, drop off your letters at Fonville Press on Alys Beach! Fonville Press is a coffee shop with close ties to Santa and the North Pole :)
3) Baytowne on Ice If you miss the cold a bit, go have a chilly night on ice at the Baytowne Wharf Events Plaza. You can skate for an hour and a half for only $11, with skate rentals costing $2. Seeing your friends fall on their butts is free :)
4) Every Christmas Story Ever Told The Seaside Repertory Theatre performs all your Christmas favorites including, The Nutcracker, A Christmas Carol, and many many more. This show is guaranteed fun. It hits all the major Christmas stories and combines some not so common ones as well :) 2 thumbs up!
5) 12 nights of lights Every Friday + Saturday, leading up to Christmas, head to Baytowne Wharf Events Plaza for a gorgeous light show set to your favorite Christmas songs at 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm.
6) Tee off for Toys: Saturday, December 13th, 8am. Donate a new toy or gift card with a value over $15 and you can play and of Sandestin's 3 golf courses for only $20. A great discount for a great cause.
7) A Dickens Christmas: Friday, December 19th, 7:30 pm. Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, plays host to an adaptation of Charles Dickens, a Christmas Carol, presented by The Emerald Coast Theatre Company. Tickets are $20 for adults, and $10 for children.
9) Winter Solstice Run: Sunday, December 21st, 6am-6pm The Winter Solstice Run is not your average run. It's a 40-mile ultra run that starts at sunrise and ends at Sunset. Now, if that sounds a bit daunting, there are a few different ways you can participate. The important thing is, the race brings awareness to Project Congo, an initiative to bring awareness to the issues facing coffee farming families in the Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
10) Christmas Eve Dinner: December 24th, 5:30 pm - 9pm One of our favorite 30A restaurants, The Pearl, is offering a 3-course special menu. Make this your new Christmas Eve tradition with the family. Call for reservations!